Workflow start condition

Glauco Kubrusly glaucokubrusly at yahoo.com.br
Thu Mar 1 12:32:04 EST 2007

Hi Sherie,

  I´m developing on release 46C and it is a custom workflow that is triggered by BUS2143-created event.

  But our process here only needs bills of type 3 or 5. But this attribute (J_1BNFDOC-DOCTYP) doesn´t exists on the object.

  I need to put it in the start condition but the problem here is that the transaction that triggers this workflow is J1B1N and we have only the object key to work on the start condition so the field I need didn´t exists.

  I need any way to fill the Triggering event´s container with this attribute so the start condition can let me add it on the condition.

  Any help is apreciated.

"Munday,Sherie J." <MUNDAYSJ at airproducts.com> escreveu:
      Glauco,

  If you are using an event to filter the start of a workflow, it only makes sense that the event would have to allow a path to the object which has the attributes that you wish to filter on.  For instance.. we have a workflow that starts when a person in hired, the event we trigger off of is BasicPay.Created.  We filter on many attributes of the Employeet object which we can access because we added Employeet as an attribute of BasicPay.
  Perhaps you could do an event trace to determine what event is occuring when creating the Nota Fiscal.  I am not familiar with this transaction.  Custom workflow development generally involves a lot of time investigating the processes, sources of data, transactions and the data itself.

  Best Wishes,
  Sherie

  Sherie Munday
  Workflow Developer/Analyst