Can't use roles as agents in expressions?

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Thu Mar 1 05:43:41 EST 2007

G'Day,
I just noticed that one cannot use a role in an agent expression. Can
anyone confirm whether this is supposed to be so or if it's a bug? The
docs are quiet on the matter.

e.g. in the WF builder I can assign agent type role and assign ZMYROLE.
Recipients are all users with role ZMYROLE, great.

If I create a container element Agent type WFSYST-AGENT and assign
AGZMYROLE, the WI ends up with nobody on our 6.20 system.

Of course one can work around this by an extra step/attribute, but just
wondering whether why I should have to.
Cheers,
Mike