N-step BADI approval SRM workflow

Baunach, Natasha R natasha.r.baunach at intel.com
Fri Jun 22 12:50:12 EDT 2007

Kris,

It sounds like you want parallel approval vs. line item based approval.
What you described for level 1 approval (send to FA1, FA2, FA3) is the
same thing as if you determined multiple agents for a task via any other
method (role resolution, etc.).  It is standard for workflow to send it
to all agents.  The moment a first agent opens task, the status is
changed to reserved and workitem will disappear from other agents
inboxes.  Also, when that agent approves or rejects, workitem status
will be changed to completed and it will continue on to the next defined
step.

I don't know if you can somehow fool BADI that index has not changed
until last person approves it at level 1.  You could set up FA1 as step
1, FA2 as step2, etc. but you loose efficiency in throughput.

You could copy or create your own template with a fork with three
branches for your FA approvals.  Or, even better you can use parallel
dynamic fork to determine how many forks you will need at runtime.  You
will most likely not be able to use BADI.  If you go with your own
template with parallel branches, be sure to define agents as a container
with a reference to business object that is a subtype of AAGENT (no need
to do delegation).  You would need to create a subtype of AAGENT and
then redefine method create to determine your agents.  You will need the
following code at the end of method:

    CALL METHOD object-private-ac_agent->agents_set

      EXPORTING

        agents = lt_agents.

    CALL METHOD object-private-ac_agent->serialize.

    swc_set_objectkey object-private-ac_agent->a_id.

Reason you have to use this approach is to make it work with approval
preview to take advantage of ad-hoc approvers, etc.

Hope this helps.

Natasha