SRM Approval Workflow in WAITING status for ever!!

Zavier, Johnson JZavier at Suncor.com
Fri Jun 22 10:20:35 EDT 2007

Please have a look at the oss note  950510 - All BADI WFLs: Old
container when starting waiting WFLs. We had similar issue and was
resolved with this note.

thanks

Johnson Zavier
SAP ABAP/Workflow
1724D
Suncor Energy Inc.
Work: (403) 693 1893
e-mail: jzavier at suncor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf
Of Praveen johri
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 7:12 AM
To: SAP Workflow Users' Group
Subject: SRM Approval Workflow in WAITING status for ever!!

Hi All,
We have a peculiar problem here, We are on SRM patch level SAPKIBKS10,
in one of our test env. the approval workflow is not working( standard
and custom both) as soon as the shopping cart is raised the workflow is
triggered but it does not executes instead it remains in status WAITING,
if i executes the WorkItem from ADMIN tranx, it starts execution and, if
i simulate the event the entire workflow is processed but when it is
called from application level workflow comes in waiting status for ever.

This problem is not present in any of our projection systems i.e.
dev.,QA or Prod. the system we are having the problem is newly build and
is a copy of production. I have checked all possible things related to
workflow template, bindings etc, runtime config etc. but couldn't figure
out the problem.

To bring more clarity, there is a fork before any step is executed, it
comes to the fork and hangs there, i saw couple of intresting notes
which mention hanging of workflow in patch level 11, but we are on 10
and the other systems on same patch level are doing fine. I suspect
something is gone wrong while building this copy or an order of
transports for any of the many custom BADIs which are used in
here...this is just a hunch....

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

--
Have Fun!!