Difference between Business object method and ABAP classmethodsin atask

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Thu Jun 21 07:28:31 EDT 2007

Hi Jocelyn,

Much as I'd like to glorify every aspect of classes, you cannot argue with
a BOR-diehard's point of view that they could create a simple WF enabled
BOR from scratch with a few clicks in 2 minutes, without code and with far
less screens to navigate through. Coming from this viewpoint, classes may
seem painful at first, but it's definitely a small price to pay in the
long run.

The overall learning curve for classes is probably a bit less than what we
all had to go through with BOR, because you can ask any ABAPer for help
(which you couldn't do with BOR macros). Even easier if you are already
familiar with OO concepts from the BOR.

Cheers,
Mike