Workflow Fails After Upgrade to ECC 6.0

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Wed Jun 20 17:24:38 EDT 2007

Joanne,

 This kind of error occurs during binding, when a source *structure* (as
opposed to field) in a container does not match a target structure.
Unfortunately, it won't be picked up by syntax checks or one-on-one
testing, unless you provide both both source and target.

If you can pinpoint the step in the workflow where it fails, and closely
look at the *structure* variables that are in the binding, then you should
find the culprit.

'Check'ing the bindings in each step should also help.

cheers
Paul Bakker

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Joanne Johnson"     |
|         |           <JoanneJohnson at jo-ann|
|         |           stores.com>          |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           sap-wug-bounces at mit.e|
|         |           du                   |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           20/06/2007 23:43     |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           "SAP Workflow Users' |
|         |           Group"               |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                     |
  |       To:       <sap-wug at mit.edu>                                                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                           |
  |       Subject:  Workflow Fails After Upgrade to ECC 6.0                                                             |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello all,

I created a custom workflow last year while we were in SAP v4.7.  We are
currently in the process of upgrading to ECC 6.0 (Basis pkg level
SAPKB70011).  This workflow no longer works in 6.0.  It fails with an error
message OL383 "The source and target structure have a different number of
fields".   I get this problem whether the workflow was created in 4.7 and
not worked until 6.0 or if it was created and worked in 6.0.

I researched this error message and found a number of OSS Notes that imply
that there are lots of workflow problems in ECC 6.0 but none of them refer
to the BOR I am using (BKPF).  I did have several notes applied in 6.0 to
prevent potential problems (OSS Note 887076 - Incorrect Binding After
Upgrade and executed pgm ZRSWD_BINDING_RESTORE and OSS Note 1043988 - Short
Dump When Workflow Restarted) however, they made no impact on the error.

I think the problem is a binding problem because the method that is failing
is the IMPORT_FROM_BOR_CONTAINER however, when I test this method, it seems
to work ok.  There are no syntax errors anywhere in the workflow or in the
business object BKPF or ZBKPF.

I also noticed that BOR BKPF has a new method in 6.0 called BKPF.GetARLData
but that's related to ArchiveLink Data so I don't think that's causing the
problem since I'm not executing that method.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insight?  Thanks for the help.

Joanne Johnson
Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.