Priority of forwarded workitems

Edward Diehl edwarddiehl at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:07:41 EDT 2007

Thanks to Ramki and Jocelyn.  I felt sure there was a way.
Ed

Subject: RE: Priority of forwarded workitemsDate: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:23:02 +0800From: jocelyn.dart at sap.comTo: sap-wug at mit.edu

You're missing a step - you have to change the container element AND run method FLOWITEM.SET_PRIORITY

Regards, Jocelyn Dart Senior Consultant SAP Australia Pty Ltd. Level 1/168 Walker St. North Sydney NSW, 2060 Australia T   +61 412 390 267 M   + 61 412 390 267 E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com http://www.sap.com
The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution, copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the original documents.
Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the consequences thereof.
Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors, officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/ business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.

From: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of workflow99 at aol.comSent: Wednesday, 20 June 2007 8:05 AMTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: Fwd: Priority of forwarded workitems

Update: The dynamic priority solution mentioned below does not seem to be working in 6.20. I remember having done this in an ECC 5.0 system a while ago. I no longer have access to that system but will try and find out how it was done. My apologies.

Best Regards,Ramki Maley.

-----Original Message-----From: workflow99 at aol.comTo: sap-wug at mit.eduSent: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 5:22 pmSubject: Re: Priority of forwarded workitems

Christian, Changing the priority to 1 before forwarding will not show the express WI popup to the receiver of the WI (not in 6.20).Ed, to dynamically set the Priority of a step/task,  enclose your task in a sub workflow, assign the sub workflow to a step in the main workflow and bind a value of 1 to _Wf_Priority in the Workflow to Step binding.

Best Regards,Ramki Maley.

-----Original Message-----From: Edward Diehl <edwarddiehl at hotmail.com>To: SAP Workflow Users' Group <sap-wug at mit.edu>Sent: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:34 amSubject: RE: Priority of forwarded workitems

Hi Christian, In the workflow inbox there are some command buttons at the top for forwarding, etc.  One of the buttons is "Other functions" .  After highlighting the line of the work item whose priority you want to change, select the dropdown menu from other functions and select Change priority.  You can set it to 1 (or whatever) and there is a checkbox to set that as the permanent priority for the rest of the workflow, or until someone else changes it. I have tried to find a way to dynamically set the priority of a task BEFORE it gets to the inbox and have not found a way since you need to know the WI_ID before it is created.  This is the only way I know to change the priority. Best wishes,Ed Diehl

To: sap-wug at mit.eduSubject: Priority of forwarded workitemsDate: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:47:53 +0200From: C.Wallner at ats.netHi folks, Can anybody tell me if it is possible to change the priority of a forwarded workitem (when forwarding) to priority 1? (express mail?) I must be blind because I can't find it... kind regards,Christian WallnerAustria Technologie & Systemtechnik AG http://www.ats.net=

SAP-WUG at mit.edu