Commit Work

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Mon Jun 11 17:09:57 EDT 2007

A colleague of mine is having an issue and I wanted to see if anyone has seen this before. I have seen this issue creep up on different implementations so I am sure I am not the first to handle this.

*
	Step 1 creates a new document (doesn't matter what it is, its IS-U) by calling a BAPI
*
	The BAPI returns the ID of the new object which can be seen in the container of the Workflow
*
	Step 2 then calls SYSTEM.GenericInstantiate to get an instance of the newly created document
*
	Step 2 errors claiming that the object does not exist.

I suggested to him to uncheck the Advance with Dialog step as I thought that this would 'force' the WF sub-system to do a COMMIT WORK between steps but this did not seem to work. I was sure that the Workflow sub-system always executes a COMMIT WORK between steps. Is that not the case? We did a test, and created a method where all it did was execute a COMMIT WORK. We inserted this step in between the BAPI and the System.GenericInstantiate and everything worked beautifully. So it is definitely a commit issue. Perhaps WF treats methods marked as BAPIs differently to standard methods and doesn't not do an explicit COMMIT WORK? If so, how do people get around this?

Regards,

Alon Raskin