Active/Passive Substitution entry in Postion related substitution

Prasath Natesan prassath.natesan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:31:19 EDT 2007

Hi All,
When i create a Personal substitute i have the option of setting the entry
as a Active/Passive substitute. Now once i save this entry it creates a
record in the table HRUS_D2. The field "ACTIVE" is used to store the status
(Active or Passive) of the substitution.

Similarly when I try to create a position related substitute for my user id
i have a checkbox "Active Substitution" to choose whether my substitution is
Active or Passive. When i save this entry it creates a A210 relationship
record between the users position and the substituted object in HRP1001. But
i am not sure where the entry for status (Active or Passive) gets saved in
this case.

How does the system differentiate between an active and passive substitution
in case of position related substitution?

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks,
Prasath N