SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW: exporting parameter language

Daucher Werner Werner.Daucher at fh-steyr.at
Tue Jul 17 11:36:00 EDT 2007

Hi work-flowers,

I am using BAPI SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW in a customer report, which
sends an email to the traveller. The language depends on employee's PA0002-SPRSL.
Workflow container contains BOR Object BUS2089.

I have filled the exporting parameter 'language' of the BAPI with PA0002-SPRSL.

Example 1) Input: I start my customer report with logon-language 'EN'.
                  Employee is English
                  Result: BUS2089->DESTINATION (which I use in the email) is in English. It works fine.

Example 2) Input: I start my customer report with logon-language 'DE'.
                  Employee is English
                 Result: BUS2089->DESTINATION is in German and not in English!!! It does not work.

In the workflow log workitem language is 'EN'. This is correct. But e.g. BUS2089->DESTINATION was sent in German.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Werner