Workflow Instance not working after version upgrade

Veit Unger veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Thu Jul 12 02:55:37 EDT 2007

Hi Arghadip,

check whether you only made changes to the workflow template or to tasks
and coding (business objects / classes, called functions) as well.

Only the workflow templates are versioned. Everything else will take
effect at once for old running instances, too. In this case you'll
probably have to undo the changes in the existing parts and create new
copies for your new workflow template version. You might then be able to
restart the old error instances using SWPR, depending on the kind of
error...

Kind regards,
Veit Unger

Dipl. WiInf. Veit Unger
-
eMail: veit.unger at de.ibm.com
Telefon: +(49) 170 914 7650

IBM Global Business Services
Nahmitzer Damm 12 - 12277 Berlin . Germany

--
IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Hans Ulrich Maerki

arghadip kar <arghadipkar at yahoo.com>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
12.07.2007 05:44
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Workflow Instance not working after version upgrade

Hi All
 This is Arghadip. I am currently faced with a critical situation for
which I require urgent help. I have transported some changes made in a
Workflow Template into production. Now the existing Workflow instance are
ending up in error state. The client has not accepted to revert back to
the previous version as they want the change to be reflected in the
Workflow instance that are triggered now. Is there any way by which the
previous Workflow instance will start to work in the current workflow
version. I am not able to retrigger the Workflow for the previous instance
as it will result into redoing of task that the customer do not want to
do.

Thanks
Arghadip kar
arghakar at in.ibm.com