Workflow steps remaining in ready state for long

Mike Gambier madgambler at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 14 08:05:35 EST 2007

Hi Ashish,

That sounds like a typical 'Workflow is broken' issue.

I suggest you look at your Workflow services, the background jobs, to see
what's happening. After all SWEQSRV (events), SWWDHEX (deadlines) and
SWWERRE (exceptions) essentially are Workflow, although the RFC batch job
sometimes has to pick up the baton occasionally.

So if nothing's happening, check if the jobs are still scheduled (SWEQADM
and SWU3 will give you clues but don't always tell the truth) and look in
the batch log to see how they have been performing (if at all) recently.

Sometimes Basis Teams (or whoever schedules the jobs) forget to re-schedule
them when a system is bounced. But sometimes they can also terminate of
their own accord because of feedback errors.

Mike GT