Question on mails sent using extended notifications

Smart, Richard Richard.Smart at Honeywell.com
Wed Jan 10 13:40:58 EST 2007

Hello,

I am experiencing some strange behavior in emails generated by the
SWN_SELSEN report. Occasionally the emails take a long time to be
displayed, and they just contain some text and a link to the SAPgui for
HTML. The body of the mail takes up to 2 minutes to be rendered on the
screen. This is strange, especially as the mail is only 16kb in size.
This only seems to happen when the mail is opened in Outlook, it works
fine in other mail applications.

This doesn't happen with any other mails just occasionally with ones
generated by SWN_SELSEN. I've forwarded the mail to colleagues and they
have the same problem. I raised this with SAP some time ago and they
said that this issue hadn't been raised by any other customers, but I'd
like to know if any of you have experienced this, and if so, how you
resolved it. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

We are on ECC 5.0 (SAPKB64015).

Thanks

Richard