IE7 causes display problems in R/3

Larry Hu larry.hu at dolphin-corp.com
Thu Jan 4 10:53:51 EST 2007

Happy New Year!

Issue: When Internet Explorer 7 was adopted, R/3 systems could not
display the following stuff correctly:

1. SAP Help File

2. SE80 Initial Screen

3. Task text in WF Builder.

The error message says: "This program cannot display the webpage".

SAPGUI 640 is used for two systems 4.6C and 4.7

We then applied Patches 22 and 23. They are a perfect solution for
System 4.7, but for 4.6C, the result is not very reliable:

- SAP Help File can be displayed correctly.

- SE80 Initial Screen has the same problem when first called, but when
you call it again, it can be displayed correctly.

- Task text in WF Builder cannot be displayed.

There has been some discussion at SDN
(https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=239387&tstart=0&message
ID=2860021#2860021), and some friends indicate that they still have the
issue after Patch 22. I have searched our Forum's archive, but found no
discussions on this topic.

Is there a SAP solution for 4.6C?

Larry Hu