sendtaskdescription sends same email twice

Cathy xinos_cat at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 19:58:31 EST 2007

Paul,  I would check to see what agents you have defined and also who the task is notifying.  Initiator, org position, etc...  Somewhere you've duplicated who is going to receive the email.

  Cathy
Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au wrote:
  Hi Folks,

I'm at a 46C site where a custom workflow is sending different email
messages to different agents.

We have defined two tasks based on SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION; one that
sends a letter to an employee, and then a *different* letter to his boss.
They are executed in sequence.

When you look at the workflow log, everything looks fine.. and emails are
indeed sent to the employee and his boss.

The only problem is that the second letter is *identical* to the first one!
Both the subject line and the content are the same, despite the fact that
they are clearly different in the workflow log.

Is this a known bug? Do I have to refresh SELFITEM in some way?

I've checked the WUG archives and OSS, but no joy. Reversing the sequence
of the letters doesn't help.

Thanks for any tips or ideas

cheers
Paul

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments. Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments. Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software. However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.