Webservice Dialog - restart after error

Sue Doughty Sue.Doughty at odfl.com
Tue Feb 13 12:28:20 EST 2007

Let me explain the process....I'm still not quite understanding.

This method is used multiple times in multiple workflows.  Person A will
start the process by filling out the form for Workflow1.  When Person A
is finished and clicks submit, it goes to the manager for approval.
When the manager executes it (the same method as the creator), he is
just looking at the form and clicks the Approve button.  This sends it
to the department processing the form.  When someone in the processing
dept executes it, it displays the form and they go to SAP and update
info and then click the Processed button on the form.  Based on the type
of form, it might go to two other departments (at the same time - using
a fork) for them to view.  When each person in each department executes
the work item, they click Done.  When ALL forms are viewed and Done is
clicked in all departments that received the form, then the process
ends.

At the same time Person B can be filling out a different form for
Workflow2.  It will then go through all the same steps as above for
their form.  They all use the same method -- BO Webservice, method
PROCESSDIALOG.

My questions:  If Workflow1 is being executed by, let's say the manager
is approving it, and in Workflow2, the processing department is
executing their form, will Workflow2 be affected by the lock in
Workflow1?

Or if Workflow1 is in department1 and department2 for review (at the
same time because it is in a fork), will department2 be able to execute
the work item at the same time as department1 or will department2 be
locked out until department1 is finished.

Sue Doughty