Webservice Dialog - restart after error

Sue Doughty Sue.Doughty at odfl.com
Mon Feb 5 08:38:26 EST 2007

We are on 4.7, Basis 6.40.

We have in-house developed workflows that execute Webservice Dialogs --
they open web pages for the users to enter data and then the user hits
the submit button, which completes the task and the workflow sends the
request to the appropriate managers for approval, etc.

Sometimes, the users execute the work items more than once -- which they
then have more than one web page open at once.  When they complete the
form that is other than the first form opened and click submit, it
causes the workflow to go into error status with an "Error in callback
processing" and "Invalid execution GUID. Work item could not be
completed".

When we get the email notifications of these errors, all we have to do
is "Restart after error" and everything continues.

My question:  Is there a way inside the workflow that I can do a
'restart after error'?  I can see in the Workitem container where the
Workitemstatus = 'ERROR'.  Is there a workflow step that can be done
that will let the workflow continue without manually doing the
"restarting after error" or is there a way that the workflow can tell if
the work item has already been executed -- that there is already a web
page open?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sue Doughty

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be confidential, privileged, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission. Thank you for your cooperation.