Agent Assignment

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Thu Feb 1 17:16:00 EST 2007

Jake,

I'm a big fan of using security roles (where possible) for both possible
and responsible agent assignment.

Why? Because when a user changes to a new position, they can be working for
weeks before the Org Chart is updated (if at all!). In the meantime they
are on the phone to you, asking why they are not receiving their workitems.

In contrast, there is a very tight coupling between a user's job and their
security roles. The user cannot start their (new) job without the proper
roles; and once these are assigned, they automatically start getting the
relevant workitems as well.

Of course, roles aren't much help when you need to need to find the
'Manager of' a given user.

cheers
Paul

|         |           "Schmidt, Jake    |
|         |           (SN)"             |
|         |           <jake.schmidt at spir|
|         |           itaero.com>       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           sap-wug-bounces at mi|
|         |           t.edu             |
|         |           01/02/2007 23:48  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           "SAP Workflow     |
|         |           Users' Group"     |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |       To:       <sap-wug at mit.edu>                                                                                        |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Agent Assignment                                                                                         |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello all I'm new to the WUG and looking forward to participating.  I'm
beginning to develop workflows for my company and I'm curious what you all
recommend for agent determination.  What are the pros and cons of using
rules vs organizational management or some other option.  Our HR department
currently using org management, but it would have to be tweaked.  So rules?
revise HR org chart? make my own work org chart? something else? (We are on
SAP release 640)
Thanks!

Jake Schmidt
SAP-WUG mailing list
SAP-WUG at mit.edu

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.