UWL and USERDECSIONHANDLER

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Dec 12 20:07:50 EST 2007

Paul, Although that works it is a pretty lousy approach from a usability perspective.  As I have pointed out before on this forum, the best approach is to use the UWL XML config to configure additional actions (buttons) to call the application used in the subsequent step and pass back an appropriate event or container element to indicate the next step can be skipped.   You can also configure a button which combines the update of the user decision with the call of the next step.   From a user perspective the process is then seamless although obviously there is  a little additional work for the workflow developer.

John, yes you can use the Updating Container handler - you haven't defined it properly if that is the complete fragment.   Suggest you check the help doco and the DTD again.    Also you are missing the user decision key which passes back which button was pressed to the workflow from your user decision actions?! And you seem to be trying to define 2 handlers for the same action (button) - I don't think that will work - one would cancel out the other.  Why don't you just create two additional decisions "Approved from UWL" and "Rejected from UWL" with their own decision key numbers?

Regards,
Jocelyn