PO Approval workflow without Release Strategy

Gerald Pecover pecover at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:40:18 EST 2007

Your help with this query is greatly appreciated.
I am developing a workflow for a very standard and simple Purchasing
scenario.
1 Purch. Org, 1 Plant, a few SLOCs and every PO must be approved.
In most cases, there is only 1 agent. All the criteria to determine who that
agent is,
 is contained in a custom table and is determined within the workflow.

I do not want to use a Release Strategy however...
when testing, the agent cannot approve the PO and we see the message :

Message No: W5105

Diagnosis: You do not have to process this document with your release code.

Workflow error message: Release outside field of responsibility.

This seems to indicate we need a Rel.Strategy.

I have 2 questions :

1. If you know what the message means, please let me know.
Is it just some missing Authorisation object?

2. Can you confirm that a Release Strategy is not mandatory
when developing an approvals process?

--
Regards

Gerald Pecover