UWL and USERDECSIONHANDLER

Schmidt, Bob bschmidt at ugs.com
Wed Dec 12 11:03:36 EST 2007

We are rolling out Travel Management through ESS to our users on EP 7.0
and ECC 6.0.  We've had our own custom workflow for approval/rejection
of Travel Management expenses which has been operational through the
SAPGUI for years.  Because of extensive role resolution logic in the
backend workflow, I'd like to utilize the same workflow regardless of
whether the decisions are processed through the SAPGUI or the Portal.
However, I'd have to put some decisions in the workflow to test whether
an approval was done via the UWL to bypass tasks with SOFM-Compose
method.   It should be easy.

For the Approve/Reject in the UWL, the USERDECISIONHANDLER in the XML
file, has worked fine.  Specifying the UserDecisionNote as mandatory has
allowed me to require text entry for a rejection as well.

Now, to the crux of the issue.  I need to get a value back to the
workflow container to indicate that the decision task was performed in
the UWL.  The UPDATINGCONTAINERHANDLER would seem to fit the bill
nicely.  Yet, I can't make the  UPDATINGCONTAINERHANDLER work with the
USERDECISIONHANDLER.  The XML is below.  Is this possible?

Or, should I just can it and get a custom iView created to do what I
need?  We've already started to go down that path...

Thanks!

Bob

      <Actions>

         <Action name="1" groupAction="yes" userDecision="yes"
handler="UserDecisionHandler">

           <Descriptions default="Approve"/>

         </Action>

         <Action name="2" groupAction="yes" userDecision="yes"
handler="UserDecisionHandler">

           <Properties>

                <Property name="UserDecisionNote" value="mandatory"/>

                <Property name="UserDecisionTitle" value="Reject
Reason"/>

           </Properties>

           <Descriptions default="Reject"/>

         </Action>

         <Action name="2" userDecision="no"
handler="UpdatingContainerHandler">

           <Properties>

                <Property name="UWL_Executed" value="Y"/>

           </Properties>

         </Action>

      </Actions>