Object Visualization in UWL using WD4A (solved!)

Ruben Baldassarri rbaldassarri at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Dec 10 20:55:44 EST 2007

Hi Jocelyn,

As you said, when I try to display the related object within the
'Tracking' tab, UWL does not transfer the object ID, only the
Workitem ID (Workflow ID, actually).
But when I try to do the same thing within the 'Tasks' tab, it passes
correctly both object ID and Workitem ID.

So, in the attributes for Object Visualization in SWFVISU I declared:

DYNPARAM = OBJ_ID=${item.externalObjectId}&WI_ID=${item.externalId}

and check if OBJ_ID is 'null', then I get the object ID from the
Workitem ID (WI_ID) using FM SAP_WAPI_OBJECTS_IN_WORKITEM.

This worked fine for me.

Again, thank you for your valuable help!

With best wishes,
Ruben