ECC6 - Authoriztions for WI execution from Workplace using SAPGUI for Win

workflow99@aol.com workflow99 at aol.com
Thu Dec 6 17:12:04 EST 2007

Hello All,
Has anyone ever compiled a list of the Workflow/Workplace/Basis authorizations required for an end user for WI execution? I am not talking about the authorizations required in the actual application code executed by the method.

This is a new?ECC6 implementation (not an upgrade) and is at Service PAck SAPKB70012.

The Security team is building the? End user Roles and?the testing team ia?facing?hurdles in WF testing. The WI in question is using the standard ECM.Edit method. The method calls TCode CC32. The end user has the required authorizations for CC32. When the?user?executes the WI, the WI goes to error status.
The Log shows the?following messages for each of the misisng authorizations:

You do not have authorization to execute method Edit
Work item 000000389374: Object ECM method EDIT cannot be executed

The missing authorizations added so far were:
TCode: SSC0
TCode: SSC1
Auth Object: S_WF_WI - Activity 21 (Administration: Change work item text)
Auth Object: S_WF_WI - Activity 19 (Change priority)
TCode: SWIA .

After assigning all the above, the WI?was?successfully executed.

I am unable to understand why the Change Priority/WI text should stop the WI execution. These options should simply be disabled for the user. And I am not sure why?the end user be given the SWIA?authorization either.

Wanted to know if anyone faced similar issues in ECC6.

Best Regards,
Ramki Maley.