SMS Through Workflow

רונן פוקס ronenf at paz.co.il
Wed Dec 5 23:48:45 EST 2007

Hello JM,

First, please remove the screenshot from the mail before replying to the group since it takes up plenty of space...

Now for the SMS:

A service provider is a server with sms sending software that "knows how to" send text messages from a computer to any of the mobile numbers in your country or outside. This can be a server installed on your site or a server belonging to another company to which you will have to pay a fixed price for the SMS messages you wish to send. Anyway this is a component outside of the Netweaver platform and must be addressed as an external service  - this is done via configuration transaction SCOT

As for your questions:
2. You need authorization for send process in the SAP system, needs to be checked out if there is a restriction on the recipient type.
3. The format of the recipient ID is between you and the service provider
4. See explanation above
5.Enclosed please find a sample of the calling of the standard SAP function we perform

  CALL FUNCTION 'SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1'
      EXPORTING
        document_data              = document_data
        put_in_outbox              = 'X'
        sender_address             = sender_address
        sender_address_type        = 'B'
        commit_work                = 'X'
      TABLES
        packing_list               = packing_list
        contents_txt               = contents_txt
        receivers                  = receivers
      EXCEPTIONS
        too_many_receivers         = 1
        document_not_sent          = 2