Purchase Req - Multiple Release codes

Prasad, Prashanthi pprasad at citgo.com
Mon Aug 20 12:51:56 EDT 2007

Hello MIT Friends,

   I have an issue with my Purchase requsition workflow. The only
triggering event for this workflow is 'Releasestepcreated'. Everything
was working great until now just because we had only one releasecode At
ONE TIME. But now they have come up with the idea that suppose if the
Release code is greaterr than release codeR5(250,000 to 500,000), the
config has been changed in such a way that for example, 3 release codes
will appear in the 'Release Strategy' tab R5, R6 and R7. Before R7 was
the only release code and when he approves it, that's it. But now before
R7 approves it, the workflow should first go to R5 and he has to hit the
Release button and save it and then it has to go the next release code
'R6' and then after he releases it, the workflow should go to R7. I have
taken care of all these logic.
Now the problem I am facing is the 'ReleaseStepCreated' event is being
triggered 3 time when the purchase req is created. How do I restrict
this event to be triggered just once at anytime?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashanthi Prasad
SAP ABAP/Workflow