Regarding objects and attachments in work item

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Aug 7 07:48:14 EDT 2007

Hi Vijay,

As you are using the UWL:

a) Hiding attachments - if you are on NW 7.0 SP 9 (from memory) or
higher you can hide attachments altogether by using the Object
Visualization section in SWFVISU (enter your object category/type, leave
method blank, specify application NONE).

b) Changing the visible key of an attachment - ... back to some very old
SAP Workflow knowledge... you can control the default attribute of your
object - the default attribute is what is shown as the attachment key -
so just point to a different attribute. For BOR objects like IMAGE this
is done in the basic data of the object type.  For ABAP OO you use the
..DEFAULT_ATTRIBUTE method.

c) Please stop doing that!  No you can't just whack any old HTML tag in
the poor old work item long text and expect every inbox to cope. ;-)
Actually neither inbox handles a link done in the text all that well -
and this is deliberate... as of course if you want to launch something
from the work item it should be set up properly as an attachment or
similar.
Actually very easy to use the UWL XML config to add an extra button to
call your URL link with the appropriate handler as you can mix and match
handlers in the same item type.
Alternatively use an attachment - e.g. with attachment type URL -
discussed before in the WUG so search the archive to find out how to
create the attachment.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
Level 1/168 Walker St.
North Sydney
NSW, 2060
Australia
T   +61 412 390 267
M   + 61 412 390 267
E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
http://www.sap.com <http://www.sap.com/>

The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the
original documents.

Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and
accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data
corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the
consequences thereof.

Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of
its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors,
officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability
for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained
herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/
business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and
shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding
agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into
any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.