Can we implement 2 step workflow for CATS

rina spector rina.spector at ness.com
Sun Aug 5 23:12:33 EDT 2007

Hello
In my company we implemented a 2 step  approval a few years ago  and  my answer
 is based on  memory .  the implementation was rewriting
 the approval workflow function group .  so it was basically repair.
 the Idea was that the first approval will be redirected to
 a  " virtual "  approver report
and after the first approval approved  we   created  a  new workitem
same as the previos one  and added a key table to tell  the new w.i. the original w.i. id
since work item id  is part of the data base. so it was all  progamming .

  In the new version the staring point was ESS  so   it  was easier to start with
 but the idea was to  devide into approvers by project and now   Original w.i.
devide between  many approvers giving birth to   same number of witems  as approves .

 In all cases it's a development project with a few months perspective .

________________________________

מאת: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu בשם kolluri sriram
נשלח: ה 02/08/2007 15:40
אל: sap-wug at mit.edu
נושא: Can we implement 2 step workflow for CATS

Hello Friends,

Iam trying to implement CATS. I have configured the data entry profile given the task ID TS31000007 (and the rule 157) and i see the workitem in managers inbox.

My questions are

1. My client wants an additonal step: If the manager goes on vacation the workitem should go to his superior or the workitem should wait in the managers inbox for 2 days and if he does not approve it within 2 days, after that it should get forwarded to his superior.

How can i procede with this ?

Can i provide a workflow template in the data entry profile or is it only a task?

Can CATS be extended to multitask or is it always single step?

Regards
Sriram