Regarding: Binding between Rule Container to Workflow

krishna mohan geniuskittu at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 08:18:20 EDT 2007

Hi All,

In one of my workflow i am using rule based on FM for
agent determination. It is working fine, there is no
problem at all. In one special case i want to set a
flag on 'rule container' and the same i want back to
workflow.( because i want to use that flag some where
else in my workflow).

There is a binding from Rule Container to workflow
container.

Is it possible to pass values back from rule to
workflow? theoritically should be possible, but my
concern is when i create a new container element in
'rule container' by default the property of it is
getting set to 'Import' and the option for 'Export'is
disabled. I am working on ECC 5.0.

This gives me an impression that only _rule_result can
be exported from rule container and all other elements
may not be? is this correct?

In my FM if i do something like this

swc_set_element ac_container <containerelement>
<value>.

and if bind this container element back to workflow in
'binding b/w rule container and workflow'.

will my container element value be available in
workflow?

I can do a quick test, but i want to see any comments
from others.

Thanks and Regards
Krishna Mohan
SAP Workflow Consultant