ECC 6.0 -- Deleting workflow items in Business Workplace

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Wed Sep 27 04:23:36 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,
Changing work items is an admin function that users should never have had
access to! Any security audit will show required auths up as critical. As
such I wouldn't be surprised if the functionality to change it from SBWP
has gone away in ECC6.

Do you get the option from your ID? If your users do as Kjetil suggested,
but via the tech WI display, do they get the change option?

Going back to my earlier comment, users should NEVER be allowed to change
WI's in this fashion. In that screen you can change container elements and
all sorts, which effectively trashes any audit function that workflow may
have. If users need to do this as part of the process, then give them a
decision option, or let someone with an admin role delete it. Or write a
small maintenance txn where you can at least control WHAT they are allowed
to delete.

Cheers,
Mike