ABAP OO and Workflow

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Mon Sep 25 11:26:08 EDT 2006

Version: SAP ECC 6.0

Well I have finally found myself in a position to implement some Workflow using ABAP OO. One thing I did notice is that many of the 'business classes' delivered by SAP are marked as Private instantiation. Problem with this is that I can not create a sub-type of this class to add the IF_WORKFLOW interface.

I suppose one way around this is rather then inheritance I can simply create my own class which has an instance of the business class. I really don't like this as it messes up my model and reduces the reuse I can gain by using OO. Does anyone think I should log this as an OSS (to see if SAP will agree to change the instantiation scope)? Has anyone successfully (or unsuccessfully) tried this?

Alon