Cross-system method call

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Mon Sep 25 04:45:17 EDT 2006

We are on version 4.6C in one of our systems, and version ECC 6.0 (basis
and cross-app version 7.0) in another system. I have to create a report
which needs data from both of these systems. The report will be executed
on the ECC 6.0 system.

In the spirit of OO the idea I had was to retrieve a table of (runtime
or persistent if I have to) object references from the 4.6C and then
query each object for its details.
I've looked in The Book (Practical Workflow for SAP) a bit, and it seems
that this is not possible. I can understand runtime objects not being
possible since the context is likely to be lost after the first call (so
the handles wouldn't be available), but from what I understand the other
option is not possible either, as it seems only RFC calls are possible
between systems. So why do we have the LOGSYS element in structure
SWOTOBJID? Is there another possibility I haven't discovered?
--
Kjetil Kilhavn, Statoil OFT GBS BAS DEV SAP

this message.
Thank you.