Launching Web DynPro Application

Stevens, Seth Seth.Stevens at anadarko.com
Thu Sep 7 09:47:04 EDT 2006

Workflowers,

I am familiar with using SWFVISU to launch a web dynpro application from
UWL; however, we have a slightly different requirement.  We are not
currently using UWL but want to be able to launch a web dynpro
application from the SAP GUI Inbox.  The usecase is that a user gets a
user decision task and when they click on a certain button an activity
step takes them to a transaction where they perform some work.  We are
replacing this transaction with a custom built web dynpro screen so the
users need to be taken to the new portal screen when they click the
button.

From what I understand the SAP GUI Inbox does not have launch handlers
like UWL so does anyone know of a way to do this?  Also, what is the
best way to transfer control back to the workflow after the work in the
portal is done?  Should we wait for an event that gets fired from the
web dynpro app or is there a more integrated approach for handling this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Seth

*Please note my E-Mail Address has changed.  Please update your
contact list*

Anadarko Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify
sender by return e-mail and destroy the communication. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action
concerning the contents of this communication or any attachments by
anyone other than the named recipient is strictly prohibited.