Application independant workflow ?

Kisloff, Philip B Philip.Kisloff at astrazeneca.com
Thu Sep 7 05:39:37 EDT 2006

Sincere thanks for all your replies,

It seems there are real world experiences in the group of using SAP workflow
for applications that do not revolve around standard SAP business objects.

Several of you have suggested custom development objects as the starting point,
and documents can be stored in the SAP document repository, with web page access
through BSP or else Adobe forms. The organisational management module is also a strength.

I'm fully on board with SAP workflow capability in this area, and I have indeed done
a few SAP application-independent workflows myself, using ISR as the kernel for the
solution. But that is not the same as having a companies strategic workflow applications
supported from within SAP. That's a decision above my pay grade :( but I was hoping
to contribute to the discussion. Certainly J2EE figures in there somewhere, so I am quite
intrigued about Guided Procedures, and maybe the composite application framework
has something to offer in this area.

Best regards to all

Phil