RELEASESTEPCREATED Event does not trigger on MRP transaction MD02

Daniel Jones daniel.jones at forwardmedia.com.au
Thu Sep 7 02:54:54 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone

I have a query around Purchase Requisitions. I have PO workflow strategies
set-up to trigger two workflows, PO release at an Item level (business
object event BUS2009 - RELEASESTEPCREATED) and Overalll PO release (Business
object event BUS2105-RELEASESTEPCREATED).

They both work fine when using transaction ME51 (create requisition) because
the event is triggered, however my problem is when using the MRP transaction
MD02, this creates requisitions but does not trigger any events
automatically so the workflows won't trigger.

Has anyone seen this before or can anyone advise as to how I can get round
this. I was thinking that if I can find an appropriate user exit I may be
able to create the event manually.

Daniel Jones
SAP Consultant
FORWARD MEDIA