MultiLine container element binding problem

Nigel Thurgood Nigel.Thurgood at sanitarium.com.au
Mon Oct 30 17:00:46 EST 2006

Sherie,

We're on 470, WAS 620.

I've actually done the unforgiveable and changed the requirement to suit the 'program', inasmuch that I've made the subworkflow do everything, obviating the need for the multiline container to be updated after the subworkflow has completed.

Previously the flow was:

*	Create multiline container by loop processing (using simple forms)
*	For each row of multiline container, call subworkflow 'A'
*	As each rendition of 'A' completes, update corresponding row of multiline container
*	After all 'A's have completed, call subworkflow 'B' for each updated row of multiline container

As the updates in point 3 were updating only the last row of the multiline container each time, step 4 was misbehaving. The reason I'd split the dynamic parallel processing into subworkflows 'A' and 'B' was that I had to wait for external data to become available prior to calling workflow 'B' - I've now merged 'A' and 'B' and all works fine.

However, I'm still very keen to find out why it wasn't working.

Thanks.

Nigel.