UWL: Preprocessing a decision with an applet

Carlos Fernandez cfs-sapwug at nisupu.com
Fri Oct 27 06:50:28 EDT 2006

Hi,

We have a typical scenario in the UWL, with two buttons, Approve and Reject.

Approve means 'send millons of $ to some account', so the client wants to
add ID cards to the process.

The process should work like this: When the use press approve, a Java applet
should be displayed, asking the user to insert their card into the card
reader and type the PIN. The applet then decides whether the workflow should
continue or not.

First approach has been to write a custom iView that does everything the
standard one does (at least for our specific case - most likely we left out
some functionality) and put the applet there, etc, but the client doesn't
like this approach, they want us to use the standard iViews.

Honestly, I don't see how to put the applet there, how to display it after
the uses presses 'Approve' but before the workflow actually continues, etc.

Anyone has a brilliant idea that can help us here?

BTW we are using EP 6.0sp2 and R/3 4.6c, so the magic workflow transaction
is not available :-( This version numbers are not going to change soon, so
we are stuck with these.

Thanks in advance