PO Release after support packs 51 for 4.6C

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Wed Oct 25 14:09:40 EDT 2006

Hello Friends,

We recently applied about 3 years of support packs to our R/3 4.6c
environment.  Previously we have several PO release codes which needed
to be manually released, and several others that were configured via
OMGS to be released via workflow.

The manual release codes are now raising an event, RELEASESTEPCREATED,
(or was it always raising the event, and I just never noticed ?) which
then causes a failure, because a mandatory import element is missing
(the release code), and subsequently, events get logged in the event
queue.  Entries are being generated in SM58, and Basis is having some
heartburn.

Our users can still manually release the PO where they should be able
to, and workflow still processes the 'automated' routing for approval,
but I am concerned about the event getting raised for the manual steps...

For example...
02    AD    9     Administration
02    BC          Buyer Commodities
02    BS          Buyer Subcontract
02    CA    9     Campus Approval
02    CH          Change order
02    CS    9     Commodities Suprv
02    MA    9     Monetary Approval

In the release strategies above, I would not expect workflow to be
triggered for BC, BS, or CH, nor would I expect an event to be raised
for these events.

Have I spent too long in the SRM world ?  Can anyone enlighten me ?  I
know I could write a check function to kill off the ones that only need
manual release...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Susan R. Keohan