Is it possible to call a web dynpro screen from UWL

John Varughese johnchittazhath at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 07:34:58 EDT 2006

Hi Experts,

I am in development of a tool using Java Dynpro app.From the app, when an
item is created WF should get triggered.when an approver executes the work
item then it should *Open the Web App  screen where the user will have an
option to Approve/Reject **.As said it is mandatory that the User can't
approve/reject with out looking at the Item details on the web app screen. *

Initially we thought of creating custom business objects, doing standard
workflow and
 Configuring the UWL where the work items get replicated to UWL from SAP
Inbox for a user.

As Web App screen is a custom screen on portal we can not call the Web App
screen from the work item of the UWL.
This requires SAP R/3 ECC 6.2 version to call the custom screen on portal
from the work item of UWL
But at present the client version is 4.6

 Now my qn to you is while sending the mail to the approvers inbox,  Is it
possible to send a hyperlink along with the mail, so that once he clicks on
the hyperlink, Web App gets opened and he can go through the Item details
and approve or reject it with out logging into the tool.Here the main thing
is when work item is executed they dont want to view an SAP standard screen
for approval process , instead of that they need to view the tool developed
with Dynpro to do the approval process.

Regards,
John.

--
1 Thessalonians 4:11, 12
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to