SAP Upgrade to ECC 5.0 from 4.6C - Unable to Generate Billing Document - Unable to Instantiate object

Scheinoha, John Scheinoha.John at basco.com
Mon Oct 9 20:28:55 EDT 2006

Hello,

   We are upgrading our SAP system from 4.6C to ECC 5.0.  We currently
have a Debit / Credit Memo Workflow process where once the Memo has been
approved the Billing document is generated.  Here's my problem:

1.  When I test the workflow process in our 4.6C environment, the
Billing Document is generated properly.

2.  When I test the workflow process in our ECC 5.0 environment,  the
Billing Document is generated properly.

3.  After I approve the Debit / Credit Memo that was created in 4.6C
when I'm in the ECC 5.0 client (Old work items in the new environment),
the approval work items process correctly, but the background task to
generate the Billing Document creates an error indicating it is
"Unable to instantiate object '_WI_OBJECT_ID"' (the Debit/Credit Memo
ID).  Yet when I review the container results for this step, the
WI_Object ID is filled in properly.

  I'm confused and perplexed.  Any assistance or guidance would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 John