Calling a SOAP web service from SAP Business Workflow

MIT WUG mitwug at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 16:34:25 EST 2006

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to call a SOAP web service from SAP Business Workflow in
release 700?  Note  946793 says that SOAP bindings are unsupported even in
the latest support package 9 in transaction WFWS so I am assuming that they
are unsupported unless you can define the web service directly in WF_EXTSRV.
  Has anyone come up with any workarounds if they are unsupported other than
developing the solution from scratch?  If I need to I will create a client
proxy using the WSDL file and crete a method to execute the client proxy but
this means I am not making use of any of the standard functionality.

Advertisement: 110,000+ cars with the click of a mouse at carsales.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801577%2Fpi%5F1005244%2Fai%5F838593&_t=757768878&_r=endtext_110000&_m=EXT