Specifying Interface as Importing parameter

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Wed Nov 15 16:12:51 EST 2006

Well this Workflow-OO stuff just gets better and better.

It seems that I can not declare a container element of type interface. The workflow editor requires a concrete type and will not allow me to specify an element whose type is an interface. The way I see it, this basically blows away any polymorphic behaviour within Workflow and greatly reduces the benefits of using OO in SAP Workflow (feel free to let me know that I am over reacting). To make things worse I can achieve this using the old BOR by simply not specifying a type.

Before you ask, here is what I am trying to achieve, I am creating a workflow which should be able to accept any instance of a class which implements the BI_PERSISTENT interface. However, when I define my importing container element I am given an error that tells me that I can not specify a container element of type BI_PERSISTENT and must specify a concrete type.

Am I going crazy or is this a big 'hole' in the OO - Workflow implementation?

Alon Raskin
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com <mailto:araskin at 3i-consulting.com>
p: +1 207 523 3489
c: +1 207 409 4983