SRM 4.0 - Shopping cart approval

Márton Zsolt Zsolt.Marton at t-systems.co.hu
Fri Nov 3 06:24:12 EST 2006

Hi Susan,

Thanks for quick reply...

Debugging the transaction we found the following:

After adding item(s) to the shopping cart, saving it, we press the order button. Apparently the workitem gets created successfully, however, it is in waiting status due to the fact that the Desired start date is 31.12.9999 and no event is raised by the Shopping cart application which would trigger the workflow.

This standard functionality has been working without problems for quite a long time. However, recently we have installed support package no. 10 for the SRM Server.

We also carried out a source code analysis which led us to the following modification made by SAP became effective in function module  ’SWD_API_SIMULATED_WF_START’ on the same day when we installed the support package.

…

* ------------------------------------------------------------------- *

  IF iv_start_workitem_id IS INITIAL.

    CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PDH_WFL_EVENT_CONTAIN_SET'

      EXPORTING

        iv_object_id        = iv_object_id_sc

        iv_object_type      = iv_object_type

        iv_guid             = iv_guid

        iv_user             = iv_user

        iv_start_task       = iv_start_task

      IMPORTING

        ecl_container_start = lcl_container_start

      TABLES

        it_reviewer         = it_reviewer

        it_virtual_approver = lt_virtual_approver

        it_virtual_nodes    = it_virtual_nodes.

    IF lcl_container_start IS NOT INITIAL.

*  start a new unmodified workflow now

      CALL FUNCTION 'SWD_API_SIMULATED_WF_START'

        EXPORTING

          im_task               = iv_start_task

*          im_create_only        = iv_park

          im_create_only        = 'X'

          im_do_commit          = 'X'

          im_workitem_container = lcl_container_start

          im_agent_container    = lcl_container_agents

        IMPORTING

          ex_wi_id              = lv_start_workitem_id

        EXCEPTIONS

          workflow_not_started  = 1

          OTHERS                = 2.

We assume that the change made here was to comment the passing over of parameter IV_PARK out which has the following adverse effect on the execution of the called function module ’ SWD_API_SIMULATED_WF_START’. Please note that parameter IV_PARK receives value SPACE from higher level function module calls.

…

* create workflow, but do not start immediately

  IF NOT im_create_only IS INITIAL.

  l_desired_start_date = '99991231'.

  ENDIF.

  CALL FUNCTION 'SWW_WI_START'

    EXPORTING

      creator                      = l_creator

      language                     = im_language    "781918

      task                         = im_task

*      called_in_background         = 'X'           "921531

      created_by_address           = l_created_by_address

      created_by_user              = l_created_by_user

      desired_start_date           = l_desired_start_date

      do_commit                    = im_do_commit

      wi_container_handle          = lc_workitem_container

    IMPORTING

      wi_id                        = ex_wi_id

    EXCEPTIONS

      id_not_created               = 1

      read_failed                  = 2

      immediate_start_not_possible = 3

      execution_failed             = 4

      invalid_status               = 5

      OTHERS                       = 6.

The arrow shows the ABAP statement which is executed now, because import parameter IM_CREATE_ONLY receives value ’X’ instead of SPACE as it used to work.

As a consequence the workitem is created with start date 31.12.9999 which results in hanging in wait status.

Thanks, Zsolt