Creating Excel sheets in background [slightly OT]

Mike Pokraka asap at workflowconnections.com
Thu Nov 2 13:01:42 EST 2006

Hi all,

We have a requirement where a mail is sent out to a user with some info.
Basic stuff, however the twist here is that they require this as an Excel
spreadsheet.

Easy enough to do in dialog, but does anyonw know how to create an Excel
spreadsheet attachment in background? All methods we've lookied at come
back to the use of OLE functions which require a GUI session of a user
with Excel installed. This must be completely in background.

I know this is on the far-flung borders of the workflow realm, but seeing
as we have some very knowledgeable people on this list I figured I might
throw the question out here.

Any input appreciated.
Cheers,
Mike