ABAP OO and Workflow (Events, Get a handle etc)

Markus Klein Klein at abs-team.de
Wed May 10 02:50:34 EDT 2006

Hello all,

i am currently implementing Workflows baseing on ABAP OO in a 6.20
System (yes i know there are some restrictions, just dont know much
about these restrictions, as i havent yet found any valuable infos).
I do facing some problems and need some ideas:
1. How do i get a handle of a ABAP OO class (included the IF_WORKFLOW as
well as implementation of the respective Methods (find~by~lpor etc)) in
my workflow container at runtime?. I do start the workflow with the
WAPI-FB to start a workflow. So far i have tried to wrapp the
find~by~lpor method in another static method which is called from my
workflow. I do pass a key to the task which implements the wrapper
method. The task passes the key to the method and the method should
return a handle which will then passed back to the workflow. Everthing
on the data-level is fine, meaning the key is a valid key (did run the
class in testmode and called the wrapper method with that key and i do
get a valied handle back) . Unfortuantelly the container element of the
workflow which should hold the returned handle is always empty.

2. Is it recommend to use EVENTS as part of ABAP OO to control workflows
or should i better go with a BOR implementation for that matter?

thanks :)

regards,
Markus

______________________________________

ABS Team GmbH
SAP-Consulting, Human Capital Management
Muehlenweg 65
37120 Bovenden

Markus Klein
SAP Consultant