missing text in work item?

Antonio, Bryan bryan.antonio at tycoelectronics.com
Thu May 4 14:57:48 EDT 2006

Hi Vickie,

You actually gave me an idea in the future. This is how I would tackle
this situation (I can't find a standard transaction to do the job).
1 option (that would entail some abap codes) is to create a program that
 will update the workitem text in SBWP through BDC (Call Transaction).
You can go to SM35 and do a recording using transaction SBWP. Make the
recording synchronous, NO CATT and cont. after commit.
Once you hit the start recording, it will take you SBWP, you then pick a
workitem that you want to change,
 click the "Other functions..." button in the toolbar, select the change
workitem, make a sample change in the WI text, click the Save,
  "X" out takes you back to SBWP, then "X" out again to take you back to
the recording. The Program, Screen, Start ID, Field Name,
 and Field Value will then be filled out. You can then use this in your
abap in creating a BDC session to update the workitems. You will
 have to put in some logic in your abap to look up the vendor and pass
this to the BDC. You can either use a Call Transaction to do the update.
 Or create a BDC session that you can verify and process in the
background through SM35.

Hope this helps.
Bryan

Message: 1