How to execute a missing deadline workitem

Anke Libeton anke_libeton at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:19:19 EST 2006

Hi Bala,

When the deadline agent receives the workitem, he (she) is supposed to act
on it. This can mean he just needs to call/email the original agent and
remind him to do it or it can mean that he can actually go to the monitored
workitem and execute it. Once the deadline agent has phoned the original
agent, he can press the set to done button to remove the deadline workitem
from his inbox. For the deadline agent to be able to execute a workitem, he
will have to be a possible agent and not an excluded agent.

It sounds like the deadline escalation functionality in your system is set
up to only notify the deadline agent of the overdue workitem and not to
actually be able to execute it.

E.g. A very common scenario is when the initiator is the deadline agent and
he's an excluded agent of the workitem. He wouldn't be allowed to approve it
and the approve button is greyed-out.

Cheers,
Anke Libeton
Australia