Navigation Workflow Question

Clarke, Adrian aclarke at kcc.com
Mon Mar 6 04:39:55 EST 2006

Bruno,

Not only did you fill up my inbox so I have been unable to receive any
mail over the weekend until my mail administrator came in this morning,
but you then go and send the same thing again - OK, this time in a zip
file, but still.......

Please DO NOT send .doc format files with pictures embedded. Microsoft
Word stores pictures in a binary format (unless you do something clever)
- if you have a screen shot, please use something to convert your
bit-mapped screen shot image to a JPG and make sure you have at least
60% quality. To do this, use something like Microsoft Photo Editor, or
at a push Paint. Usually whatever you open the image in will be able to
save as a JPG - and the compression will either be found on the save
dialog (could be on a "more",  "options" or "advanced" button, or
something like that) - after you have changed the filetype to JPG. There
is then no need to ZIP the file as it will already be well compressed.
You can then explain in the body of the e-mail what each of the images
relates to.

I have sent you back your two screen shots at the same size as your
screen (but at 60% quality that can be read by most) to your own e-mail
address. For other's benefits, the 17Mb .doc file came down to a measly
279Kb when converted to two JPG files (nearly a quarter of the size of
the zipped .doc file, and a massive 60 times smaller than the
original!).

With Best Wishes

Adrian!