Race to the Finish Line

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Wed Jun 28 11:54:01 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

Problem: I have multiple instances of the same workflow that are triggered at the same time. Of course, the first thing that happens is that each instance tries to update the Business Partner (the same one) and this results in a large number of temporary application errors. This is no big deal but if I have 50 instances of the WF for the same Business Partner then I am going to get a lot of errored workflows.

Possible (sucky) solution: One obvious thing I can do to alleviate this problem is to put in a random wait step and this will hopefully reduce (or remove) the number of errored workflows. I dont like this solution as I hate putting in random wait steps unless there is a business need for this.

Can anyone can suggest a better solution?

Look forward to your input.

Alon Raskin
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com <mailto:araskin at 3i-consulting.com>
p: +1 207 409 4983