Validation of selected substitutes ?

Scheinoha, John Scheinoha.John at basco.com
Tue Jun 27 16:02:39 EDT 2006

Susan,

   Our SAP Organization structure has a Dollar Approval subtype assigned
to most positions.  This is used for Purchase Requisition Approvals and
Debit Credit Memo Approval processing.  When Sarbanes-Oxley occurred,
one of the new business rules is that a workflow substitute must have a
dollar approval level of equal or greater value than the person the
substitute is substituting for.  The only exception is the WF
Administrator and the WF Business Owner.

   In order to accomplish this we had to do Core Mods (SAP 4.6C) to add
this functionality.  We also did Core-Mods to add a similar rule for
forwarding work items from one SAP inbox to another. The only exception
to this rule is the Workflow Business Owner and Workflow Administrator
can forward work items.

   I do not like to do Core Mods, but those were the business rules
handed to us.

Good Luck,
John Scheinoha
Workflow Administrator