SRM PO approval - Changed possible ?

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Tue Jun 20 15:31:31 EDT 2006

SRM 5.0

I suspect that folks have been 'voting with their feet' on this question, but I need to ask it one
more time...

Has anyone had a requirement to change an SRM (Extended Classic) PO or PO Change Order while the
object is engaged in a workflow process, from the inbox ?  We've filled out customer messages, and
gotten conflicting responses...
1. this is only available in the BADI workflow, where n > 2
2. this is a silly process; why would you want approvers to change POs (okay, nobody actually *said*
silly)
3. this is due to the BBP_WFL_SECURITY - which it is not, as I have BBP_WFL_SECURITY set to HIGH
4. Use the BADI for Security BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI_S (which, I don't see how this BADI can grant the
ability to change a PO)

So, here we go again... There is no 'Change' button (or pencils) on a PO, or a PO Change Version,
from within the inbox.

Has anyone else had a problem with this functionality (or lack of), and if so, did you find a
workaround ?

Any feedback would be appreciated,
Sue